Benjamin Janicki - Skagit County Candidate



Benjamin Janicki speaks at the 2008 4-H KYG Conference.



Canditate Name: Benjamin Janicki

Skagit County

My name is Benjamin Janicki, and I am seeking the 4-H KYG party nomination for the 2008 election. I live in Skagit County and I am 16 years old. I am currently in the 10th grade and I've been involved in 4-H poultry and sheep projects for eight years. I am a long-time member of the "Kids for Chickens" 4-H club, and have recently joined the "Sea-Tech" club. Attending a four-year university and studying engineering is my goal for the future.

I raise many different types of chicken breeds, heritage turkeys, quail, ducks, pheasants, and guard dogs to protect our livestock. I also raise old-style Horned Dorset sheep, and work with draft horses and ponies for farm work and riding. I count the salmon runs in Mundt Creek, and my interests include being outdoors, and playing the piano.

I want to run for this position because I am very interested in educating people about 4-H, and raising animals. I have worked to support 4-H and get more young people to join. I have been very interested in politics for quite some time, and would like to take this opportunity to learn more and educate others about our political system. I also hope that I can possibly influence people and politicians in our state to consider our planks and values.Promoting higher education and protecting the environment are major concerns of mine. I believe the best way to go about this task is to educate myself, and become involved in student government.

Submitted by: Benjamin J.