Luka Mackay - Whatcom County Candidate



Luka MacKay gives her speech at the 2008 4-H KYG Conference.



Candidate Name: Luka MacKay


Whatcom/Snohomish county's letter of intent:
Some people dream in color, some people dream in black and white, I dream in purple. My name is Luka MacKay, I am 17 and am here to represent the union of two counties, Snohomish and Whatcom county. I am pleased to announce my candidacy for the Washington State KYG Govorner. I currently attend Whatcom Community College and have been in 4-H for going on eight years now. After Whatcom I plan on attending a 4 year college and studying animal science and possibly veterinary science.

I am a strong believer of acceptance and individuality. Everyone is different and should be embraced for their differences. I am running because I believe in making a difference, and helping others. It seems that the political world, and in turn our entire country, is so divided. I want to change this. We all live in the land of the free, the best nation on earth, I want to help the people unite together under our flag. I am also a strong believer of the peoples word. It seems that with all the previous election issues we are not able to accurately record and act upon the word of the people. I propose an election reform that helps us to better listen to and act upon your, the peoples, word.

For more information on me and my resolutions please check out my myspace page at,
www.myspace.com/thebridgeparty.